How To Regain Your Confidence With Dental Implants
Wouldn’t you like to speak or bite into an apple knowing your dental implants won’t slip?
What about flashing a smile … naturally … whenever it strikes you? How about ending your day with an easy brush-and-floss routine without removing dentures?
Perhaps you’re you missing one or more teeth?
If you’ve answered “yes” to any of these questions, then dental implants (artificial tooth root and crown replacements) may be right for you.
Speak to your friends who have experienced tooth loss… They’ll likely tell you about the associated embarrassment … covering their smiles … the social unease … the challenge with speaking and chewing. Dental implants have been the answer for millions of people.
What are dental implants and how can they help me regain my smile and my confidence?
It’s hard to imagine, but 69% of North Americans aged 35-44 have had at least one tooth removed every year as a result of infection, gum disease, or accidents. When you lose teeth, several problems can occur. The remaining teeth can shift, rotate, and become crooked. This can leave you with a bad bite and unsightly spaces, making it painful to chew food, and it can make home care more difficult. Sometimes the appearance is embarrassing too.
Dental implants are a sure-fire way of restoring the form of your natural teeth and their function, whether it is one tooth or a whole jaw. They can also secure dentures to stop irritation due to rubbing sores, clicking noises when you speak, or as an alternative to partial dentures and crown-&-bridge treatment.
Once you’ve had an implant, rather than having a mouth with missing teeth, you’ll have a dazzling smile that brightens your face. In fact, studies show that smiling releases endorphins, which will all boost your mood, immune system, and self-confidence. And in a vast array of social situations, you’ll appear more attractive and you’ll act with more confidence – guaranteed!
How is this procedure done?
1. At Serene Dentistry, we will examine your mouth and take x-rays. We’ll discuss your dental history, your wants, and your needs. Together we’ll determine if dental implants are right for you.
2. If you are a candidate, our McKinney dentist will place the dental implant (below the gumline).
3. We give time for the artificial root to stabilize which allows the implant to begin reinforcing your jawbone and intercept further bone loss.
4. Phase 2 involves attaching a replacement tooth crown (above the gumline) to the implant.
How much do dental implants cost?
This depends on various factors specific to your case – type of implant, location, number of implants, etc. Many insurance plans cover implants.
Are you considering implants?
That’s great! They truly are a game changer! But although this short article has a lot of information in it, we encourage you to talk to us directly about what dental implants could do for your smile. While they are a tried, tested, and true alternative to dentures – or going without teeth! – every person is different, and so every treatment plan is different too.
Here’s a quick recap checklist:
- Dental implants look, feel, and function like natural teeth. They’re so life-like that people will never detect them, and they’ll never know you’ve had this revolutionary treatment for your smile.
- Patients have raved about their new appearance, comfort, and self-confidence. We’re pretty sure you will too!
- Implants have been available for more than 30 years. That’s a lot of time to collect data, improve the technique, and develop gorgeous-looking replacement teeth.
- Implants provide safe, reliable, and predictable results.Many before-and-after photos of patients are astonishing.
- The current market for dental implants is estimated to be more than $1 billion globally.
- More than 700,000 dental implants are placed every year in North America.
- It has been estimated that another 40 million North Americans could benefit from dental implants. It’s important to have a personalized consultation with us to determine whether or not you’re a dental implant candidate. If you are, we’ll present a treatment plan and explain every step of the way to ensure you’re comfortable and excited about your future smile.
- Implants can replace one tooth or two … or even replace all the teeth in an entire jaw.
- If you wear dentures, implants can be used to replace them or to anchor a denture arch to prevent soreness and eliminate clicking or slipping. They can also act as replacements for bridgework.
- 85% of the estimated 32 million people with dentures experience some discomfort and difficulty. In many cases, dental implants can eliminate the trouble while restoring confidence and enjoyment in speaking, laughing, and eating.
- If you feel self-conscious about your smile, dental implants could be the solution.
At Serene Dentistry, we can help you to decide if implants are the right solution for you. If your dental evaluation shows that you are a good candidate, as a dentist in McKinney, I can confidently say that you can look forward to a lifetime of smiling with comfort and confidence again.